Thursday, July 3, 2008

So Spoiled and Blessed

Yesterday, my wonderful husband arranged for a sitter to come ALL day and sent me out to have fun and pretty much do whatever I wanted before the baby comes and things get super crazy. The first stop was to get a pedicure and a manicure and while I was there I cut my hair few inches shorter. Ahhhhhhh, the pedicure was out of this world. There is nothing like when you are 9 months pregnant with tired swollen feet and get the royal treatment. Everyone there kept asking how far along I was and could not believe this was my third child. I told them that I am not that young but I guess some people don't get married or have kids until much later in life. Anyways, the lady that was massaging my feet and legs, kept doing it for a long time. You get great services when you are pregnant. So, after 3 or 4 hours of getting spoiled, I went to the next door diner called "Diggers Diner" that has the best burgers in the world. The waiter came to check up on me two minutes after he brought my burger and it was gone. He said, "Wow, did you like your burger?". I said, "Yep, ate it in two bites." Then off to get some gas for the minivan, ouch, so pricey, then to target. Bought lots of odds and ends and some dippers for the new one to come. For the last two we did Huggies but this time I decided to try Pampers Baby Swaddler. We'll see. I heard babies don't leak with this one. I will let you know how that will work out. Then to Babies R Us and bought two potty seats. Yes, Josh wants to train Amanda while he is training Collin for the two weeks that he is going to stay home. We hope it works. She is showing a lot more interest than Collin but second children always have someone to look up to. Afterwards, I got a milkshake and went to Safeway for some grocery shopping and came home with cute toes, short hair ( a lot cooler for the summer and lighter) and nice fingernails. Thanks honey for spoiling me. I feel so much more relaxed and ready to tackle motherhood one more time. I also felt extremely blessed today. You know sometimes when you feel this deep gratitude in your heart towards Heavenly Father? Well, I was just reading Amanda some books, the kinds that she has to look and find stuff! Well, Collin came and said that he wanted to read her the book. I kind of wanted to read if myself because Amanda was being really cute and doing a great job but I let Collin try it. He was the cutest thing I have ever seen. He was sitting next to her on the couch and making her find all these different things and telling her what color they were. I loved it more when he was using his soft voice like he is an adult talking to a baby. It just melted my heart like no other. I felt extremely grateful for having these little angels and be trusted to be their mother.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hi Camelia! This is Angie. The swaddlers work great! They smell good, too. But, as they get older the Huggies are cheeper and work fine from Costco.

Eliza said...

I used the swaddlers also and they did a good job, worth the extra money to not change the baby's outfit 5 times a day.

I got a pedicure two weeks ago - heavenly! I want to go one more time before I go into labor.

How considerate and loving of Josh to do that for you! Sounds like a wonderful day away from it all.

Ruth said...

Good luck with the new arrival! How great to be pampered like that! Love you!

nymanzanita said...

Sounds like you had a nice and well deserved day.....What a thoughtful husband you have! I am looking at my "piggies" right now and think I should go for a pedicure myself. Hang in there...the baby will be here soon!