Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oh the Beautiful Santa Barbara

Josh was a guest speaker for a company called Yardi in Santa Barbara last week and he insisted that I should tag along too. He had been there 4 times before and each time he told me how beautiful that city was and I should go with him next time. For some reason something always happened and I could not go But this time my wonderful parents told us that they would watch the kids and we should go and a have a little get away before the baby is born and life gets even more crazy ( If you can imagine that..) Anyhow we all packed up on Thursday and left the kids at my parents and headed down to Santa Barbara. The drive was absolutely beautiful. We listened to music, (the grown up kind), and had lots of uninterrupted conversations. That night we stayed at a little town 40 min from SB called Solvang and had a great time. The little downtown, all the vineyards, the quietness of the town was breathtaking. We slept like babies and even got to watch TV. After flipping through the channels for about an hour, we realized that we have not been missing much since we stopped watching TV 6 months ago. On Friday morning we got ready and headed down for Josh's presentation. He did great and everyone laughed at all his jokes too. He was so proud of his jokes (more than the technical stuff that he presented) that he wants to be a comedian when he retires =) Afterwards we checked into our hotel ( which turned out to be a resort) that Yardi had got for us and I have to tell you that it was the fanciest thing I have ever been to. It was right at the beach and our room had an ocean view. The lady that checked us in gave us fresh backed cookies and told us that our room was at the Camellia building. Was that a sign that I should have gone or what? We had dinner with some of his friends at the Warf and could not get over how beautiful the ocean was. We decided that even though we pay way too much for our run-down small house in CA it is worth every penny. We’ve got great weather, culture, and boy great food. We had a great ride back. We talked, listened to good music, watch the ocean and fruit farms and got fresh cherries from the side of the road. We came home rejuvenated and missing our kids like crazy. Thank you hon for letting me tag along. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Here are some pictures we took on our trip.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

My sister lives in SB and I love to visit. Her husband works at the Harbor (tug boat service). I'm glad you loved it, it's such a beautiful place. What a treat to not have your kids!

Eliza said...

How wonderful that you guys could get away on a little mini vacation! I'm way jealous. Sounds absolutely wonderful.

The Bundys said...

yeah for Santa Barbara! I miss you but I am so glad that you had such a wonderful trip. You deserve it