Thursday, October 2, 2008

This Election

I have been trying to research as much as I can about the upcoming presidential election but I find myself still undecided. I am trying to base my decision more on facts than popularity but there are facts on both sides.

One thing that I can relate to personally is that I am a home owner and the bad economy is effecting us more than other issues. Maybe if I were still in college, I would care more about issues like global warming and such ( don't take me wrong, I still care about these issues) but at this stage of my life, the bad economy is effecting us directly. I have tried to see the both sides of this Bail out plan, but have not come in peace either way. Josh thinks it is a bad idea because it will put our country in more debt and will cause more inflation than we have right now. I think, if they don't bail out we might go into a depression. What do you think and why? Are we better off with another republican or we are ready for a democrat? Is there any way out of this big financial crisis? Who has the better plan?

Here is a link to a video that I came across and it is interesting. It is still biased but informative. Let me know what you think of it. As citizens, I believe it is our duty to research (even pray) before we cast our votes. It is a very crucial time.

Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis?

The video is about 10 minutes. You probably don't need the sound. It is just a loud music.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Hi Camelia! I know you posted this a long time ago, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents. I try not to base my vote on anything this biased. It is very obviously paid for by McCain supporters, and the number of accusations flying back and forth between those two is ridiculous. So just be careful about believing super biased stuff. :)

Camelia Bradshaw said...

Yes Molly, after watching it for few times, I did realize it was way biased and I have done much research since and realized that there were a lot of other factors that contributed to our bad economy.
I think I know how I want to vote now (I actually already did. We are absenty voters, who wants to go to the polls with three kids...)
Thanks for your comment.