Sunday, September 14, 2008

When I was Young...

I really did not like people who always talked about their children as if they did not have a life. I wondered if they had any clue what was going on in the world and how serious were some of it's problems. Did they really know what was going on beyond their little homes? Well, now that I am a busy mother of three little ones, all I can talk about is my children. They are my life. I can talk hours about their birthing stories, feeding habits, potty training, anything and everything that has got to do with them AND I like it. Like in the real world, we do have our hard times and we do mess up. There are moments that feel like it is the end of the world and impossible to put ourselves together. what happens when you leave your tub of butter unattended for a minute? It gets everywhere.
Amanda loves dirt and mud. She gets it every where, her hair, face, even in her ears.
But then there are these beautiful moments that are just about perfect (of course until somebody messes things up again)
Samantha loves her baths, whenever she gets them =)
Their new thing is putting on our clothes.
Samantha smiles and cooes now. It melts our hearts.
They just love each other. He somehow knows how to calm her down.
(Collin loves reading books and Amanda loves listening to him. And I love getting a break from reading to them. After the thirteenth time, it gets really boring.)
I am grateful to be a mother and I feel like by teaching my children to be good decent human beings, I can contribute to the world in a good positive way and make a difference.

7 comments:

kimia said...

oh abjie, you are such a great mother. i love these pictures. we just updated our blog so go and visit.

Hayley said...

Oh my goodness, is that butter. I feel for you and know exactly what you mean. They can drive you crazy but that makes you love them even more.

The Bundys said...

I agree with everything you say....Yeah for motherhood...and having that be the only thing you can talk about.

smith scratch said...

This is HILARIOUS! Thanks for coming over last night, it was really fun to chat with you without the kids distracting us. :]

Thomanders said...

That butter picture is hilarious. Emerson's not going to do things like that, right? Your kids are all adorable and Collin looks just like you!

Eliza said...

I am exactly the same way. I wish you were here so we could talk endlessly to each other!

I love the pictures and the fun stories and memories they tell.

Molly said...

you have the most beautiful children! i think it's totally ok for you to talk about your children all the time. they are you life--the joy of your life!