Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Amanda


My Sweetest Amanda, I remember the day you were born as if it was yesterday. It was a Saturday and we were going to have lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Poshtyar. We woke up in the morning and started to clean our apartment in Mountain View. Then we all got in the car around noon. I remember telling your daddy that I think my bladder is out of control but we didn't think much of it. When we got to grandma's house we were very hungry and grandma like usual had prepared something super Divine. I was sitting on the chair in the living room and got up to use the bathroom and boom my water broke. Yep, there was water all over Grandma and Grandpa's Persian rug. Just like in the movies. No pain or anything, yet. Grandma gave me a towel and said, "I guess we are going to have a baby today." And indeed we had. By 7:30 that evening, you were born.
You are the sweetest girl. Your smile is contagious. Words can not describe how much we love you. You are mommy's little friend, daddy's little girl, Collin's sanity (He would have gone nuts without you to play with) and Samantha's big sister. In a nutshell, you are a blessing to all of us.

4 comments:

jularun7 said...

happy birthday amanda!! TWO??! i remember when you were born. we brought you dinner. time flies.

smith scratch said...

We just LOVE this girl!
She has got to be the happiest child around. You forgot to mention "she is the future wife of one of the Smith boys". Hee hee hee.
Happy Birthday Amanda!

Janelle said...

Wow! I can't believe she's two already. I remember meeting you in the nursing lounge when our girls were still soooo young. Crazy how time flies. Are you still up for a mini girls night out?

Happy Birthday Amanda!

Eliza said...

Happy Birthday beautiful girl! Jacob's little girlfriend! How fun that our kids are growing up so perfectly.